Roy M. Seitsinger, Jr., Ph.D., Superintendent
Welcome to Preston Public Schools
As the new Superintendent of Preston Public Schools it is important to acknowledge and respect the hard work and dedication that has made PPS the warm, welcoming and achievement oriented learning community that educators and residents so proudly acknowledge. As a school district, it is evident that the entire team of educators, parents, and community members are committed to ensuring student well-being, quality learning experiences and the simple joys of life for all children. This commitment is demonstrated through a supportive district budget, a dedicated staff and community leaders that recognize the importance of a 21st century education. As the previous superintendent, Dr. Welch has stated, “an ideal teacher-student ratio in conjunction with a focused academic program accompanied by appropriate support services are designed to guarantee that every child has a successful experience.” It is my honor and privilege to support, continue, and attempt to expand on, the many positive attributes of Preston Public Schools.
Our two school buildings, Preston Veterans’ Memorial School (PK-5) and Preston Plains Middle School (6-8) enroll a little over 400 students. Upon completion of the eighth grade program, Preston students have the high quality options of attending Norwich Free Academy (Designated High School), Ledyard High School, Ledyard Agri-Science High School, Grasso Vocational Technical High School, Norwich Vocational-Technical High School, New London Science and Technology Magnet High School, or Marine Science Magnet High School.
The district will continue to place emphasis on developing a strong school-home partnership. Parents are welcome in our schools and play an active role as evidenced by the presence of parent volunteers and two active parent-teacher organizations. Our efforts always pay dividends and complement our sustained commitment to the 4 C’s – communication, coordination, cooperation, and collaboration.
Beginning in July 2017 as the district’s superintendent, I am committed to building on the excellent work of the past. As Preston Public School District moves forward I thank you for visiting this website. It is one of many methods we use to communicate our student centered mission. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like further information about Preston Public Schools. Be well.
Central Office Directory
Roy Seitsinger, Jr., Ph.D. - Superintendent
Carmela F. Smith. Ed.D. - Special Education Director
John Spang - Finance Director, Freedom of Information Act Officer
Nate Walsh - Fiscal Assistant
Mike House - Director of Maintenance
Gloria Homiski - Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Margie LePage - Administrative Assistant to the Special Education Director
- General Employment Application
- Professional/Administrator Position Employment Application
- Payroll/Account Payable/HR - Applicant must possess strong computer skills, excellent organizational and communication skills. Must have previous payroll experience. Knowledge of Phoenix Software preferred. Knowledge of insurance benefit programs a plus. Collective Bargaining Agreement implementation experience preferred. Rate of Pay: $48,000 - $53,000
Interested Applicants please contact: Roy M. Seitsinger, Jr., Ph. D., Superintendent
Preston Board of Education, 1 Route 164, Preston, CT 06365
- Substitute Teachers - Preston Public Schools has partnered with Kelly Education Staffing to recruit, train, and provide qualified substitute teachers for our schools. Learn more about how you can become a substitute teacher for our district and help make a positive impact on student achievement! For more information, please visit Kelly Education Staffing. To apply for substitute teaching positions, please e-mail your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact them at 860-439-0881.
- Licensed School Bus/Van Drivers - preference will be given to already licensed drivers although training will be provided, if necessary. Interested applicants please contact Mrs. Patricia Hibbard, Transportation Supervisor, Preston Bus Garage, 327 Shetucket Turnpike, Preston, CT 06365
Central Office Forms
- Building Usage Form
- Employee 403b Plan
- Preston FOIA Request Form
- Mileage Reimbursement Form
- New Employee Packet
- Requisition Form
- Stipend Form
- Student Field Trip Initiation Form
- Student Activity, Field Trip Form - Pages 1-3
- Student Activity Attendance Summary (PDF Format)
- Student Activity Attendance Summary (XLS Format)
- Time Off Request Form
- Form Timesheet