Board of Education
In order to perform its duties in an open and public manner and in accordance with state law, the Preston Board of Education usually holds regular business meetings in accordance with the posted calendar. Parents, students, and other community members are encouraged to attend.
Meetings of the Board of Education follow a planned posted agenda. At certain time in the agenda the Board Chairperson will recognize individuals who want to make a statement, not more than 5 minutes in length, or to express a viewpoint. In addition, if they give advance notice to the Superintendent, individuals with relevant issues for discussion may have such issues placed on a future Board agenda for a more thorough discussion of the topic.
The Board's main purpose is policy setting designed to improve student learning. Board members are interested in the public's opinion on district issues, which can assist them in formulating policy that reflects community values and expectations.
The Preston Board of Education holds meetings in accordance with posted calendar. Please be sure to review the up to date minutes from the Board of Education and its sub-committee.
The legal authority of the Board will be transmitted through the Superintendent as shown on the organizational chart below. The district organization chart will be prepared by the Superintendent and approved by the Board. The lines on the chart will represent direction of authority and responsibility.
Board Member Contact Information
View the file below to find out how to contact Board members.
The Preston Public Schools Strategic Plan reflects the tenets of a global, optimistic and growth mindset that encourages an open positive outlook leading to deep learning and personal well-being.
- BOE Regular Minutes of 10-15-18 unapproved
- BOE Executive Session Minutes of 10-15-2018 Unapproved
- MeetingMinutes09102018 approved
- MeetingMinutes09102018exec sess approved
- 09-06-18 Fin Comm Min draft
- 060718 BoE Finance Committee Draft Min
- Approved Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 7-31-18
- BOE Special meeting Minutes 7-17-18 Approved
- MeetingMinutes07022018Special Meeting Approved
- Meeting minutes of 6-19-18 Joint Board Meeting Approved
- MeetingMinutes06112018 Approved
- 5-10-18 Finance Sub Comm Min Draft
- MeetingMinutes05142018 Approved
- MeetingMinutes04122018Trans Comm Unapproved
- Regular Meeting Minutes of 4-9-18
- Exec Sess Minutes of 4-9-18
- 4-5-18 Finance Comm Minutes
- BOE Regular Meeting Minutes 3-12-18
- BOE Special Meeting Minutes 3-12-18
- 030818 BoE Finance Committee Final Min
- MeetingMinutes03052018 Approved
- MeetingMinutes03052018Exec Sess Approved
- BOE Finance Committee Minutes of 2-28-18
- BOE Finance Committe Minutes of 2-15-18
- MeetingMinutes02122018 Approved
- 1-11-18 Executive Session Meeting Minutes
- 020818 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Final Min
- 020118 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Final Min
- Unapproved Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 1-11-18
- BOE Regular MeetingMinutes12112017
- BOE Special Meeting Minutes 12-5-17
- 11-13-17 BOE Regular Meeting Minutes
- 110917 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Draft
- Special MeetingMinutes11012017
- 10-12-17 Finance Sub Comm Minutes
- BOE Regular MeetingMinutes10162017
- 2017 10-16 minutes of exec session
- 8-10-17 Finance Sub Comm Minutes
- BOE MeetingMinutes09112017
- Exec Sess Meeting Minutes of 9-11-17
- Comm Rela Sub Comm Meeting minutes of 9-11-17unapproved
- Special BOE MeetingMinutes08212017approved
- MeetingMinutes08142017 approved
- BOE Finance Sub Committee Minutes 7-6-17
- BOE Finance Sub Committee Minutes 6-8-17
- 050417 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Final Min
- Preston Board of Education Meeting May 8 2017
- 030917 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Final Min
- 020717 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Final Min
- 012417 BoE Finance Sub-Committee
- Finance Sub Committee Minutes 1-5-17
- Finance Sub Committee Minutes 12-8-16
- 112816 BoE Special Meeting
- Regular BOE MeetingMinutes11-14-2016
- Regular BOE MeetingMinutes10032016
- 101916 Superintendent Search Comm
- 100516 Superintendent Search Comm Final Min
- Superintendent Search Meeting Minutes of 9-22-16
- Regular BOEMeetingMinutes09122016
- Superintendent Search Sub Committee Meeting Minutes of 9-7-16
- Superintendent Search Sub Committee Meeting Minutes 8-31-16
- Special Board of Education Meeting Minutes of 8-25-16
- Transportation Sub Committee Minutes of 8-17-16
- Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 8-16-16
- Regular BOE Meeting Minutes of 8-8-16
- Community Relations Sub Committee Minutes of 8-8-16
- Superintendent Search Meeting Minutes of 7-11-16
- Superintendent Search Meeting Minutes of 7-6-16
- Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 6-23-16
- Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 5-31-16
- Regular BOE Meeting Minutes of 5-9-16
Board of Education Budget
Attached, please find the current year's Board meeting calendar.
Freedom of Information Act Officer
Preston Public Schools' Freedom of Information Act Officer is John Spang. Please contact him at 860-889-6098, extension 1423.
CABE Meeting Page and Agendas
In order to view the agenda on the CABE page, please click on either regular meeting or special meeting which appears beside the appropriate meeting date you wish to view. CABE-Meeting is a user-friendly online service sponsored by the Connecticut Association of Board of Education (CABE) that is specifically designed to assist the Preston Board of Education and the Superintendent to prepare for and manage board of education meetings. In addition, CABE-Meeting allows the board to post meeting information that is accessible to the public and also creates a searchable archive of meeting information. All agendas for Preston Board of Education can be viewed in CABE-Meeting beginning with the January 2008 meeting.
CABE-powered Board of Education Policies Portal
Below is the online policy manual for the Preston Public Schools Board of Education.
The Preston Board of Education works with several sub-committees focused on specific areas of needs. See below for specific information.
- Transportation Committee - Charles Raymond, Deborah Burke-Grabarek, Daniel Harris
- Curriculum Committee - Cindy Luty and Deborah Burke-Grabarek
- Negotiations Committee - tbd for each by the Board's Chair
- Finance Committee - Tom Turner, Ed Gauthier, Sean Nugent
- LEARN Representative - Cindy Luty
- CABE Liaison - Sean Nugent